Week 23 – Food Service

Date: 2/16/18                            Rotation: Food Service                 Location: Food Services Group

Activities / Assignments:

• Helped with food production for breakfast and lunch at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Served breakfast and lunch at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Helped clean after lunch at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Recorded daily food use at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Recorded food temperatures at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Placed food order for the Hudson Guild Senior Center and Child Care Center
  • Helped with receiving and storage of food orders at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Reviewed and modified the Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center Spring 2018 menus to ensure they meet CACFP standards

Comments / Thoughts / What You Learned / Challenges: I continued with my duties at the Hudson Guild Senior Center from the previous weeks.

I also reviewed and modified the Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center Spring 2018 menus to ensure they meet CACFP standards. I actually had a lot of fun doing this, because I got to play around with the food combinations being served. It also made me realize that my previous understanding of the CACFP guidelines were very basic, and there are a lot of specific rules that need to be followed. A lot of these are easy to overlook or miss, so I had to be really thorough when reviewing and also when making modifications. I’ve included the list of the changes I made and also further changes that needed to be made that I couldn’t do without talking to the head of the day care center first.

Learning Objectives Met: CRDN 2.3, CRDN 2.4, CRDN 2.10, CRDN 3.7, CRDN 3.9, CRDN 3.10, CRDN 4.2

Clock Hours: 40 Hours

• Monday 2/12/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Tuesday 2/13/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Wednesday 2/14/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Thursday 2/15/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Friday 2/16/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center