Week 21 – Food Service

Date: 2/2/18                               Rotation: Food Service                 Location: Food Services Group

Activities / Assignments:

• Helped with food production for breakfast and lunch at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Served breakfast and lunch at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Helped clean after lunch at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Recorded daily food use at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Recorded food temperatures at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Helped with receiving and storage of food orders at the Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Completed the December 2017 and January 2018 Food Production Records for the Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center
  • Conducted a mini nutrition workshop for parents as they picked up their children at the Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center

Comments / Thoughts / What You Learned / Challenges: I continued with my duties at the Hudson Guild Senior Center, but this week I helped with the food production. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and it made filling out the daily food use records a lot easier.

I (finally) completed the food production records for December 2017 and January 2018 for the Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center (I’m including one day of the production records from January 2018 to show what it looks like). If I learned anything from these, it is FILL THEM OUT AS YOU GO. They are extremely time consuming and can be very confusing and frustrating. I did finally get the hang of it towards the end, and I felt a lot more comfortable and confident with the work I was doing, but it is tedious and time consuming.

I also conducted a mini nutrition workshop for parents as they picked up their children at the Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center. I was a little nervous at first, but once I got started it was a lot of fun. The workshop was about the health benefits of Meatless Mondays. I provided samples of lentil soup as an example of a good Meatless Monday meal, and both the parents and kids really liked it. I enjoyed talking to the parents one-on-one because I was able to answer any questions they had and give them advice that was specific to their child.

Learning Objectives Met: CRDN 2.3, CRDN 2.4, CRDN 2.10, CRDN 3.7, CRDN 4.2

Clock Hours: 40 Hours

• Monday 1/29/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Tuesday 1/30/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Wednesday 1/31/18 → 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (8 hours) – Bellevue Hospital Day Care Center
  • Thursday 2/1/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center
  • Friday 2/2/18 → 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (8 hours) – Hudson Guild Senior Center